How To Take Care of Your Dentures
Dentures are a great way to improve your oral health and appearance if you're missing teeth. However, it's important to take good care of your dentures to keep them looking and feeling their best.
Here are some tips on how to take care of your dentures:
- Clean your dentures twice a day. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and denture cleaner to remove plaque and bacteria.
- Rinse your dentures after each meal. This will help to remove food particles and bacteria that can cause bad breath.
- Soak your dentures overnight in a denture-soaking solution. This will help to keep them clean and free of bacteria.
- Wear your dentures at all times except when you're brushing them or cleaning them. This will help to keep your gums healthy and prevent them from shrinking.
- Visit your dentist for regular checkups and cleanings. This will help to ensure that your dentures fit properly and that your gums are healthy.
By following these tips, you can keep your dentures looking and feeling their best for many years to come.
Here are some additional tips that may help you take care of your dentures:
- Store your dentures in a clean, dry place when you're not wearing them. This will help to prevent them from getting damaged.
- Avoid using hot water when cleaning your dentures. Hot water can warp the plastic.
- Do not use toothpaste to clean your dentures. Toothpaste can be abrasive and damage the plastic.
- If you have any questions about how to care for your dentures, be sure to ask your dentist.